1. Original content is king
Yes, content is king but writing fresh and original articles will help your website or articles being published on Google News even sooner. Never mind that Google values non-duplicate content, but you owe it to your readers to submit only content that is never found elsewhere. This will also boost your credibility and enhance your presence on the World Wide Web, right away establishing yourself as a source of news-worthy content.
2. Website look and feel – Clear direction and appearanceIf you are going to be a source of creditable information, you may want to stand back and scrutinize your website look and feel a bit. Ask yourself:
- “Am I maintaining a clear-cut identity on my website that’s related to my niche?”
- “Can my readers tell what sort of website I run?”
- “Will they bookmark my site, or return to my site over and over again for more news-worthy articles?”
3. Images and graphical elements
Who says news articles have to be boring? Include some images so that your readers won’t fall asleep reading them. A good tip is to optimize the images by incorporating alt tags with relevant keywords. This lets Google’s spides crawl through them more effectively. Photo by Annie Mole